This accessibility statement applies to http://ncc-dundee.org.uk.
Using this website
This website is run by the University of Dundee. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using your browser
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate all of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate all of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to all of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- some pages are not fully navigable using landmarks
- some pages have poor colour contrast
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some tables do not have row headers
- some images do not have good alternative text or are missing
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some interactive tools are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some older videos don’t have captions
- live video streams don’t have captions
- legacy sites that have been archived, but are no longer updated due to their funding terms
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
Please contact us if you:
- need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- can’t view the maps provided on contact pages or at dundee.ac.uk/campusmap
- Find any problems that are not listed on this page
We will get back to you in 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact:
Find out other ways to contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
If you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter. Find out how to contact us: dundee.ac.uk/contact
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The University of Dundee is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below:
- Some images may not contain ‘alt’ tags since it is not enforced by the Content Management System. If you notice an image without an ‘alt’ tag then please contact us to have this rectified.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 19th August 2021. It was last reviewed on [date when it was last reviewed].
This website was last tested on 19th August 2021. The test was carried out by Allstar Solutions Ltd.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test that cover the different types of content produced on this website. Our testing included a combination of automated tools and manual testing. The automated tools used were: